Yes we want to book AJ Photography – What’s next?
- Thank you for booking with AJ Photography – we very much look forward to capturing the special moments of your wedding day.
- We will organise an invoice from our online accounting software (Xero) which will include our bank details for a direct deposit.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card we can organise an invoice through PayPal however this will incur an additional 2.5% surcharge.
- We will also forward an email with questions for our paperwork and a few notes for consideration.
- We are happy to answer any questions so feel free to contact us anytime, we will do our best to answer as soon as possible.
How much deposit is needed to secure your services?
- $1000 retainer will reserve your wedding date with remaining balance due 4 weeks prior your wedding.
- The $1000 retainer is non-refundable.
- You are welcome to make a payment plan to suit your budget. Payments received will be kept up to date on your invoice.
Terms & Conditions
- We request bridal party, family, guests and professional videographers NOT take pictures during the location photo shoot as doing so may delay the process and affect or ruin the outcome of your photographs.
- If your professional videographer does come on the location photo shoot please allow at least an extra half hour for shared time.
- The client gives permission for AJ Photography to use any image for industry competitions and for general promotional advertising including websites such as Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- AJ Photography does not place Copyright on the photos for personal use and sharing. No other business may use the photos without permission from AJ Photography.
- A non refundable $1000 retainer to be paid within 7 days of booking. Remaining balance to be paid at least 4 weeks prior your wedding date.
- Albums and Photo Slideshows are subject to change for reasons outside of AJ Photography control.
Limitations of Liability:
While every reasonable effort will be made to produce and deliver outstanding photographs of the wedding event, AJ Photography entire liability to the client for claim, loss or injury arising out of AJ Photography’s performance is limited to a refund to the client of the amount paid for services. In the event of any damage as a result of human error, mechanical malfunction or act of God during the handling of the digital files or prints, AJ Photography shall not be liable for any losses occurring from such. If the studio’s services are cancelled for any reason, the retainer paid to reserve the date is non-refundable. In the unlikely event of personal illness or other circumstances beyond the control of AJ Photography, a substitute photographer of equal qualifications, subject to the acceptance by the client prior to the event, may be dispatched by AJ Photography to fulfill the photography obligations herein contracted. In such case that the client declines AJ Photography sending a substitute photographer, the client may elect instead to terminate this agreement and receive a full refund of the initial retainer paid to AJ Photography.
** Payment of the retainer is clarification that the client has agreed to these Terms & Conditions and Limitations of Liability.
How do you keep your prices so affordable?
- AJ Photography keep our overhead costs low by not advertising in newspapers, magazines, online wedding directories, attending expos, etc.
- Our business is built by word of mouth and our location websites. Both Alan and Julie are SEO savvy and Julie is a professional web designer – www.qualitywebsolutions.com.au (although we don’t actively look for new web design clients, but service our existing clientele base).
What areas do you travel to photograph weddings?
- We are based in Geelong and travel all across Victoria.
- Please note: there are NO additional travel costs on top of our prices in the areas we cover.
- We will travel to NSW, South Australia and Queensland on request but there would be an additional petrol/accommodation cost.
- We love Destination Weddings – additional (actual) costs are dependent on flights, accommodation, etc.
How many photos do we receive?
- With AJ Photography affordable wedding photographers you receive unlimited edited jpg photos (approximately 500+) on a USB in High Resolution which are suitable for printing and the same images in Low Resolution which are suitable for viewing on your computer and sharing online.
- High Resolution images are full sized images @ 240dpi.
- Low Resolution images are reduced in size – maximum 1050 pixels wide x 768 pixels high @ 72dpi.
- There are no watermarks or copyright on your wedding photos.
- Your wedding photos are expressed posted to your nominated address.
What Editing programs do you use?
- Using Adobe Lightroom we cull images – these might be duplicates, photos which failed technically or creatively or just look bad!
- Next in Adobe Lightroom we adjust white balance, exposure, brightness, clarity, etc.
- Next we edit using Adobe Photoshop to create a sharper, clearer, more vibrant result, we sometimes remove spots and distracting objects.
- Then we save the images in both High Resolution and Low Resolution.
After our wedding, how long before we receive our photos?
- Generally around 4-6 weeks. Often sooner but rarely longer than 6 weeks.
When should we order an Album?
- There is no obligation to choose an Album or Photo Slideshow on top of our ‘No Fuss Photography’ hours. If you have the skills there are many places that offer affordable DIY options.
- AJ Photography does have beautiful Albums which represent excellent savings – contact us for more information.
- You can order an Album or Photo Slideshow anytime – either before or after your wedding. We understand organising a wedding can be very expensive which is why we offer this service.
- Julie is an established graphic artist and all printed photos are Advanced edited and albums can be designed around your wedding theme.
(we have received many rave reviews from our couples about our albums and photo slideshows).
- Some of our couples have ordered an Album for their 1 year anniversary.
What is your style of photography?
- Photo-journalistic as we capture your day as it unfolds along with a Contemporary style combining candid images of the events of the day along with some minimal posing.
- We suggest ideas (such as looking out a window), but we are more than happy to have your input.
- During the formal photo shoot we do minimal posing but offer suggestions to enhance a moment while suggesting different locations for a variety of different backdrops.
- If you prefer we do some posing – no problem!
- Romance and Fun are an important part of our style, as you will see in our photo galleries – click here
How long has AJ Photography Geelong been photographing weddings?
- Our very first wedding was on Saturday 30th October 2009 (Rusty & Nuala) and since then we have photographed 456 weddings (May 2017)
What camera equipment do you use?
- Canon 5Dsr with a Canon 5D Mk III as backup
- Canon Lseries 50mm Prime
- Tamron 24-70 VC 2.8 Fstop
- Canon 24-105 4 Fstop
- 580 Speedlight flash with a Gary Fong diffuser
- Canon 7D Mk II with a Canon 7D as backup
- Canon Lseries 100mm Prime
- Tamron 18-270 VC 3.5/6 Fstop
- 430 Speedlight flash
- Plenty of CF cards and batteries
- This above combination of camera equipment was selected because of the benefits of the 7D crop and the advantages of the 5D Mk III full frame.
Autumn / Winter weddings:
- Autumn and Winter are a lovely time of the year to celebrate the love you both have for each other.
- Remember that the available light will disappear quickly – often around 5pm.
- Wedding Ceremonies are best held in the early afternoon allowing time for the location photo shoot.
- If you do have your wedding ceremony early afternoon your Reception time can also be earlier for your guests comfort.
- Be prepared for the cold and dress appropriately.
- We carry some umbrellas with us in case of rain but if you want a particular ‘look’ it is advisable to have some for yourself and bridesmaids.
- Gum boots can be a fun option when sloshing around in wet weather.
- We have currently introduced Budget Wedding Photography prices for June / July winter weddings and mid week (Monday to Thursday). Check out our pricing page for more information.
Spring / Summer weddings:
- Spring and Summer are the most popular months for getting married.
- Bright sunlight can often present challenges not only for the photographer but also the bridal party and guests.
- Be prepared for hot weather and, if you can, try to have air conditioning for getting ready photos.
- Be prepared for wet weather also, although generally not cold you may need some umbrellas – we do have some ‘pretty’ umbrellas in our car should they be needed.
- Remember to drink plenty of water and organise to have some with you on the formal location photo shoot.
- If it is going to be a really hot day you might want to have chilled bottled water available for your guests.
- Important – Don’t forget sunscreen
- Wedding photography is our full time work and therefore we are available for weddings any day of the week.
- We have recently introduced Budget Wedding Photography prices which are ideal for any wedding including elopements, commitment ceremonies, proposals, etc. which offer very affordable discount wedding photography.